If you’ve been following me for a while, you might remember that I dedicated two weeks before Christmas to reading holiday-themed books last year. I had an absolute blast, so I really wanted to read more holiday books this year! I’ve starting a little earlier though, because in this awful pandemic year I could definitely use the comfort.
I’ve already read some Christmassy books, but for the 12 days leading up to Christmas, I’ve saved up the queer ones on my TBR to participate in the readathon hosted by Sapphic Saturdays! This readathon is called 12 Days of Queermas, and starts tomorrow, Sunday 13 December.
I hope this post might give you some ideas on what you could read if you want to read wintery/Christmas books as well! For more recommendations, you can check out last year’s post where I recommended LGBTQ+ holiday reads!
Since the readathon lasts 12 days and I normally read a book a day, I’ve made a TBR of 12 books:
- Kris Bryant – Home. I was approved for this book on Netgalley. I requested it because I remembered putting another of Kris Bryant’s Christmas books on the list I linked above, and I’m still curious to read her books.
- Elle Spencer – The Holiday Treatment. This book is another one that I requested on Netgalley. I’ve been wanting to read a romance by Elle Spencer, and the premisse sounds great!
- Eve Morton – Holidays in Blue. This one is a Netgalley read as well! I just went through Netgalley’s LGBTQ+ page to see what holiday reads they had that appealed to me and this one stood out. It’s an m/m romance and I tend to like the queer romances that Carina Press puts out.
- Eli Wray – Secret Santa. I’ve alread read Eli Wray’s first two holiday novellas – Sugar and Spice and The First Noel -, and I loved those, so I’m excited to read the third one!
- Meka James – Being Merry. I’ve seen this sapphic book around quite a bit – it’s a recent release – and it sounds really good!
- Emmy Engberts – Second Chance at Christmas. The author recommended her book to me when I was asking around for Christmas reads, and my interest was piqued immediately, because it’s a sapphic romance and it takes place on a Dutch island! I’ve actually been there, so it will be nice to read a book with a familiar setting.
- N.R. Walker – Tic-Tac Mistletoe. I recently read Upside Down by N.R. Walker and that’s made me really want to check out more of her books. This seems like a good place to start, as it’s a new release that came out just in time for Christmas!
- Sally Malcolm – Love Around the Corner. I don’t remember how I found this book, but I love the premisse!
- Jana Denardo – Ghosts, Gangsters and Garland. This is a polyamorous romance, which I’ve not read nearly enough of, so I’m excited to check it out. And it’s a little outside of my comfort zone as well, as I normally don’t tend to read SFF romance.
- Nathan Burgoine – Handmade Holidays. I read Faux Ho Ho by this author last year and really enjoyed that, so I’m excited to read another holiday romance by him!
- Jae – Under a Falling Star. This is the last adult romance I’m hoping to read! It’s a sapphic romance that sounds exactly like a holiday movie.
- Mason Deaver – I’ll Be Home For Christmas. Of course I’ll also have to read Mason Deaver’s new Christmas novella that’s a follow-up to I Wish You All the Best. I’ve missed Ben, so I’m excited to hopefully reread I Wish You All the Best first and then dive into this one. By the way, if you order this book, all the proceeds go to the National Center for Transgender Equality, so get those orders in! (And yes, the cover was designed by Alice Oseman!!)
Are you reading any holidays books? Which ones are you hoping to get to?