While I’m still very bad at sticking to TBRs, making them makes me feel really organized and motivated to read, so I will continue making them! I also hope that maybe you can draw some inspiration for what to read from my TBR posts!
IndigAThon is a readathon hosted in November by Michelle and Brody, in celebration of Native American Heritage Month. The goal is to read from Native American voices. There are challenges as well, but I’m not doing those this time.
I’m just listing a few TBR options here, and I’m hoping to read a bunch of these books:
- Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger. This was actually on my TBR for last month, but I didn’t get to it, so hopefully I’ll be able to read it this month!
- Race to the Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse. Okay, I’ll actually have to buy this book first, but I’ve been so excited to read this ever since it came out, so maybe I’ll treat myself!
- There There by Tommy Orange. I bought this a while ago but haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.
- This Town Sleeps by Dennis E. Staples. This was a recent choice for my LGBTQReads Patreon book of the month, and I’ve been dying to read it!
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones. From here on, I have a few audiobook options that I got through Libro.fm!
- A History of My Brief Body by Billy-Ray Belcourt.
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse.
- Apple by Eric Gansworth.
I’ve also been pretty bad at keeping up with my Netgalley ARCs (even though I’m really close to the magical 80%, so it’s not all bad). So I really want to catch up on some ARCs this month as well!
Here are the ones I especially want to read:
- Jenn Bennett – Chasing Lucky
- Lilliam Rivera – Never Look Back
- Cale Dietrich – The Friend Scheme
- Aminah Mae Safi – This Is All Your Fault
- S.A. Chakraborty – The Empire of Gold
- Chloe Gong – These Violent Delights
- Kris Ripper – The Love Study
- Steven Salvatore – Can’t Take That Away
- Namina Forna – The Gilded Ones
- Talia Hibbert – Act Your Age, Eve Brown
I hope I’ll actually manage to read around 10 books because then I’ll have made a good dent in my Netgalley TBR! Plus the final three of these are 2021 releases and I just feel so lucky that I get to read them already!!
I also have some holiday-themed ones, but more on that in a later post!
What are you reading this month?