Another month, another readathon! Apparently. Honestly, I’ve been doing so many readathons this year and I’m having a lot of fun with them, so I’ll definitely be doing more!
In August, I’m participating in #ARCAugust, hosted by Octavia and Shelly @ Read.Sleep.Repeat. My Netgalley shelf is once again overflowing, so I’m hoping to use this month to get on top of that!
I made a small TBR, but as always, I’ll mainly use it for inspiration and I’m not actually sure I’ll end up sticking to it – I’m much too much of a mood reader for that.
I have two priority reads this month:
- Harry Cook – Fin & Rye & Fireflies. This is the only book I have a physical ARC for (as an international blogger I don’t get send very many), and I’m very excited to read it! I just heard it’s getting a Dutch translation, which motivates me even more to read it so I can hype it up!
- Michael Sarais – All of My Friends Are Rich. This is a digital review copy that was sent to me by the author, and it was initially on my TBR for June but then I didn’t end up reading it. So I really need to get to it soon. Hopefully I’ll finally manage to read it this month!
I also have a few audiobooks from Libro.fm I would love to get to:
- TJ Klune – The Extraordinaries. This will be a reread, but I really want to listen to the audio.
- Abby Jimenez – The Happy Ever After Playlist
- Farrah Rochon – The Boyfriend Project
- Echo Brown – Black Girl Unlimited
Other than these, I don’t actually really mind what I end up reading, as long as I manage to finally reach that 80% feedback ratio on Netgalley! Here’s a tentative TBR of the 10 books I’m most excited to read very soon:
- Alexandra Diaz – Santiago’s Road Home
- Christina Hammonds Reed – The Black Kids
- Brandy Colbert – The Only Black Girls In Town
- Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Mexican Gothic
- Aminah Mae Safi – This Is All Your Fault
- Amparo Ortiz – Blazewrath Games
- Alexandria Bellefleur – Written in the Stars
- Gloria Chao – Rent a Boyfriend
- Adriana Herrera – Here to Stay
- Lyssa Kay Adams – Crazy Stupid Bromance
Hopefully I’ll get to all of these, but my main goal is just to have fun and not pressure myself too much, but to finally gain that 80% badge! I’m at 75% now, so it should be doable.
Are you participating in this readathon? Or what are your reading plans for today?
If you order books through the links in this post, I’ll make a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me review more books and host more giveaways, so I’d be very grateful if you used it!