Time for my Tuesday update! I’m having a lot of fun with the Reading Rush so far, and I feel like I’ve found a good balance between yes, reading a lot, but also not reading all of the time, which I’ve done with readathons in the past and stops being fun after a few days because you just get tired of all the reading. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this up!
Catch up with my previous posts:
I started the day with a very exciting book haul, so first I want to share that with you!
The first book I got is Love On the Main Stage by S.A. Domingo, who’s also the author of the cute YA holiday romance Love, Secret Santa. Girl tours music festival with her family’s food truck? This sounds like the perfect summer read! I feel like this UKYA might fly under the radar a little, but it sounds awesome, so check it out if it sounds fun to you too!
Then secondly, I got a whole pile of secondhand romance books! I don’t actually have a lot of romance books on my shelves as most of them are on my Kindle, so I’m excited to start a little collection. Here’s what I got, from top to bottom:
- Alisha Rai – The Right Swipe. I’ve been wanting to read this for ages!
- Christina Lauren – Twice In a Blue Moon. I always hear the best things about Christina Lauren books. (I did love Autoboyography but that’s YA.)
- Lyssa Kay Adams – The Bromance Book Club. Read and loved!
- Mia Sosa – The Worst Best Man. Also read this just last week but I want to reread it physically because I didn’t like one of the audio narrators.
- Yaffa S. Santos – A Taste of Sage. Foodie romance! This is one of my most anticipated romance releases of the year.
- Sarah Morgenthaler – The Tourist Attraction. I actually don’t know a lot about this one but I was getting books anyway so I thought I should give it a try!
I spent my afternoon working. If you didn’t know, I work as a freelance editor of academic texts. I’ve been working for this company for 5 years now, and I’m now a senior editor. This means that I spent my afternoon assessing other editors’ work and giving them feedback, and doing quality checks of their work before delivering to the client. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get sent a text of my own to edit, because I always have the most fun doing that!
I didn’t really start reading until after dinner, because I had work and did some blogging before that. I mainly spent the evening playing Animal Crossing, watching my sister play Animal Crossing, and reading Love Is For Losers by Wibke Brueggeman. This book actually got translated into Dutch before the English edition was released, because that was pushed back to next year.
I finished Love Is For Losers just before midnight, and I had so much fun with it! It’s a super funny read, think Georgia Nicholson but gay, but it packed some real emotional punches as well. And I adored the setting: it’s set in a thriftstore and I didn’t know how much I wanted a book like that until I got it.
Are you participating in the Reading Rush too? How is it going for you?