It’s Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and because of that, I want to make an extra effort to read books by Asian authors this month. Of course it’s always important to support authors of colour, but I like to try and pay some extra attention in these specific months.
Because it’s also Ramadan, I want to especially read some books by Muslim authors as well.
I made a tentative TBR, but I’ll probably end up reading other books as well.
- Lindsay Wong – My Summer of Love and Misfortune
- Melissa Bashardoust – Girl Serpent Thorn
- Samira Ahmed – Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know
- Aminah Mae Safi – This Is All Your Fault
- Adib Khorram – Darius the Great Deserves Better
- Lyla Lee – I’ll Be the One
- Sandhya Menon – 10 Things I Hate About Pinky
- Akemi Dawn Bowman – Harley in the Sky
- Hanna Alkaf – The Girl and the Ghost
- S.K. Ali & Aisha Saeed, ed. – Once Upon an Eid
- Uzma Jalaluddin – Ayesha at Last
- S.K. Ali – Love From A to Z
- Marie Lu – The Kingdom of Back
- Randy Ribay – Patron Saints of Nothing
- Gloria Chao – Our Wayward Fate
What books are you planning to read this month?
If you order books through the links in this post, I’ll make a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me review more books and host more giveaways, so I’d be very grateful if you used it!